Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Raymond Davis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member valour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2009
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Raymond Davis

    Did anyone read this about Raymond Davis? Isnt he from this area?


    BBC News - US official Raymond Davis on Lahore murder charges
    [img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    I doubt someone who moved here recently from Ohio would know that, but yes he grew up in Big Stone. Probably pretty close to your age.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member valour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2009
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    I doubt someone who moved here recently from Ohio would know that, but yes he grew up in Big Stone. Probably pretty close to your age.

    The headlines on the news was "A Big Stone Gap man" We live in Big Stone right?

    I have been watching a few vids on youtube about it as well.
    [img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by valour View Post
    The headlines on the news was "A Big Stone Gap man" We live in Big Stone right?

    I have been watching a few vids on youtube about it as well.
    Why would you say, Isnt he from around here, if the news said so.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member DieHardSportsGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2007
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    Yes, he's from here. He's a 93 grad of PVHS.
    Progress always involves risk. You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    Don't remember him, but then again, I don't remember much past yesterday. LOL

  7. #7
    Inactive Member valour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2009
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Why would you say, Isnt he from around here, if the news said so.
    Just to start a conversation about him since he is from "around here" and no one mentioned it. Forums are used for that, correct?
    [img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    Wouldn't a better way to start it be:

    Local man arrested in Pakistan or something like that, instead of is he from around here.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •